- This event has passed.
Stewards of Children Training – Naranja Office
May 31, 2017
Kristi House is pleased to offer Stewards of Children, a revolutionary sexual abuse prevention training program that educates adults to prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to child sexual abuse. The program believes and teaches that child safety is an adult’s job. It was developed by the Darkness to Light organization.
Stewards of Children is ideal for organizations that serve children and youth, as well as other community-based groups. Kristi House trainers can deliver the program in English, and/or Spanish.
Facts About Stewards of Children Training
- It’s a comprehensive program that incorporates all of the fundamental mechanics necessary in creating organizational policies and procedures that keep children safe. Ideal for training staff and volunteers on child sexual abuse prevention.
- Includes the “7 Steps to Protecting our Children,” evidence-based educational tool for sexual abuse prevention.
- A 3-hour training program that integrates the simple principles of choice, consciousness, and personal power to promote an understanding of the nature and impact of child sexual abuse, and that uses those principles to provide a context for empowered action. The curriculum is direct about holding each adult accountable, and generous in providing powerful, specific support for personal change.
- Video component of curriculum integrates personal stories of sexual abuse survivors, sharing their experiences of trauma and healing with the perspectives of professionals working with various issues of sexual abuse.
- The program is motivational and compelling. It calls participants into personal responsibility for the safety of children, while at the same time appreciates their fears and concerns.
How is the training delivered?
Stewards “Live” is a 3-hour in-person training, led by an authorized facilitator who uses a videotape, interactive workbook, and discussion to train responsible adults to prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to child sexual abuse.
This training is free. Space is limited. RSVP is required on Eventbrite here.
For more information, contact Deborah Billings (786-510-6405, DBillings@kristihouse.org)
Kristi House Naranja Office: 13955 SW 264th St, Homestead, FL 33032, USA