- This event has passed.
Miami Takes a Stand Against Child Sex Trafficking | Project GOLD
September 22, 2020 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pmFree
A special workshop in partnership with Miami Community to learn more about child sex trafficking. We will highlight the South Florida community and how to get involved in the anti-trafficking movement.
Project GOLD Director, Marta Martinez, LCSW, will join for a Q&A and to share her insights. Project GOLD is the division of Kristi House dedicated to helping youth overcome sexual exploitation.
This workshop provides a basic overview of commercial sexual exploitation of children (CSEC), the extent of the problem and the impact this type of trauma has on children. It also includes tips for identifying and engaging victims of child sex trafficking, and discussion of services needed for healing and reintegration into mainstream society.
Topics we will cover:
- Did you ever wonder why human and sex trafficking are referred to as the crimes that happen in plain sight?
- What are common examples of human trafficking, and child sex trafficking?
- What are the elements of the crime?
- Why does it happen so much?
- What are some of the signs or behaviors of someone that is being trafficked?
- How does a child get into “the life?”
- What are some risk factors?
- Does it happen here in Miami? How much?
- How can I help?
- What are local and national agencies that I can refer someone for help?
For more information and questions: firstname.lastname@example.org