- This event has passed.
The Miami Human Trafficking Law Project
October 24, 2012
Dade Legal Aid, Kristi House and Holland & Knight invite you to an introductory training for attorneys interested in learning more about human trafficking cases in Miami.
All attorneys are welcome to attend this free training for CLE credits. We have immediate needs for pro bono attorneys who specialize in criminal defense, family law, and/or dependency. Attendees interested in taking a pro bono case will learn more about the project as well as:
- Why this is an important issue in Miami and how lawyers can help
- Florida law: Safe Harbor legislation and applicable criminal statutes
- Human trafficking indicators
- Pimp control, manipulation and recruitment tactics
- Procedure for taking a case
- View from the bench