- This event has passed.
Trafficking Education Symposium: Strides, Trends & Gaps
January 14 @ 10:00 am - 1:30 pmFree
Kristi House and partners present:
Human Trafficking: Strides, Trends & Gaps Education Symposium
Learn the latest updates regarding best practices from the field, plus:
- the intersectionality of trafficking and racial and ethnic discrimination BIPOC
- labor trafficking considerations and practices
- survivor leadership at HT service organizations
- trafficking of males and youth
- and trafficking of LGBTQ+ individuals and more!
Program created for child-serving organizations and college students.
REGISTER HERE: kristihouse.org/HT2022
Moderated by: Deborah Billings, Director of Education, and Jessica Hylton, Prevention Education Specialist
Session 1: 10:15 – 11:15 am
Florida’s Laws & Policies that address Human Trafficking
- Terry Coonan, JD, Executive Director, Center for the Advancement of Human Rights, Florida State University
- Maria Jose Fletcher, Esq., Co-Director, Attorney, VIDA Legal Assistance, Inc.
- Natalie Freitas, Esq., Senior Program Attorney, Guardian ad Litem
- Katina Hernandez, Special Agent, Homeland Security Investigations
Session 2: 11:15 – 12:15 pm
Providing Services for All Trafficking Survivors
- Francesco Duberli, Executive Director, Survivors’ Pathway
- Nathan Earl, Principal Consultant, Giant Slayer Communications
- Jumorrow Terra Johnson, Director of Community Outreach & Anti-Human Trafficking Coordinator, Broward County State Attorney
Session 3: 12:15 – 1:15 pm
Survivor Centered Care and Survivor Leadership
- Bradel Canfield, Programs Manager, Kristi House, Project GOLD
- Theresa Kennedy, Chief Operating Officer, Kristi House
- Alicia Garcia Priovolos, Director of the Human Trafficking Unit, Assistant State Attorney, Miami-Dade State Attorney